2018 Annual Conference
Dried Fruits Australia's 2018 conference was held on Thursday 8 November at the Mildura Working Man's Club.
Covering key issues affecting the dried grape industry, the half-day event included an annual general meeting and a grower forum. It was attended by representatives from the growing, processing, marketing and research sectors.
Producers Mark King, Stephen Bennett and Tony Martin were elected to the DFA Board for two-year terms.
Expert speakers explored current and future trends affecting dried grape growers and the domestic and export markets. Their presentations are available to read by clicking on the links below:
- National Farmers' Federation CEO Tony Mahar delivered the keynote address on major issues affecting horticulture.
- The University Adelaide's Vinay Pagay spoke about vineyard cooling in extreme conditions.
- Plant Health Australia's Susanna Driessen discussed critical biosecurity issues.
- CSIRO researcher Peter Clingeleffer spoke about the dried grape varieties evaluation project.
- Market updates were delivered by dried fruit producers Sunbeam Foods, Australian Premium Dried Fruits and Murray River Organics.
- Hort Innovation's dried grape marketing levy update.
- DFA Chairman Mark King presented the 2018 annual report.