2018 Annual Conference
Dried Fruits Australia's 2018 Conference will be held on Thursday 8 November at the Mildura Working Man's Club.
Covering key issues affecting the dried grape industry, the half-day event includes an annual general meeting and a grower forum. About 100 representatives from the growing, processing and marketing sectors attend the conference each year.
Financial members of Dried Fruits Australia are invited to attend the AGM, which starts at 1pm.
Three producer roles are now open on the DFA Board and will be elected at the meeting. Current directors and new candidates may apply. Nominations are due by Thursday 11 October and must be signed by two DFA members. Please contact us for a nomination form.
Beginning at 2pm, the Annual Grower Forum is open to all those interested in the future of the dried grape industry.
Expert speakers will explore current and future trends affecting dried grape growers and the domestic and export markets. Highlights of the 2018 program will include:
- Keynote address by National Farmers' Federation CEO Tony Mahar on major issues affecting horticulture
- Dr Vinay Pagay from the University Adelaide talking vineyard cooling in extreme conditions
- Plant Health Australia's Dr Susanna Driessen discussing critical biosecurity issues
- CSIRO researcher Dr Peter Clingeleffer on developing new grape varieties
- Market updates by dried fruit producers Sunbeam Foods, Australian Premium Dried Fruits and Murray River Organics
- Overview of major issues and DFA activities by chairman Mark King
The DFA grower forum brings key players from the dried grape industry together in one venue, providing unique networking opportunities and effective ways to promote products and services.
To see the sponsorship opportunities available, download the 2018 Sponsorship Proposal. Contact us for more information, or return the application form by Friday 21 September to secure your place.