Annual Conference 2017
Dried Fruits Australia's Annual Conference was held on Tuesday 3 October at Mildura Grand Hotel.
It began with a members-only AGM, where four producer members – Brian Boulton, Jenny Treeby, Warren Lloyd and Ashley Johnstone – were elected to the board.
The Annual Growers' Forum was held immediately afterwards. Open to those interested in the future of the dried grape industry, the event covered key issues affecting growers.
- Bureau of Meteorology senior climatologist Darren Ray
- Mildura Police Acting Inspector Scott Anderson
- Ruralco Water general manager Phil Grahame
- Californian Raisin Industry Study Tour participants
- DFA chairman Mark King and consultant field officer Stuart Putland
- Representatives from dried fruit producers Sunbeam Foods and Australian Premium Dried Fruits
- Hort Innovation marketing manager Dianne Phan
We also launched the next round of Innovation Grants. The grants recognise innovations that have demonstrated or show potential to be of significant benefit to the Australian dried grape industry.