Deluxe Nut Tart
1 ¼ cups plain flour
1 tablespoon sugar
155g butter, cut into pieces
1 egg yolk
¾ cup cream
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup soft brown sugar
3 tablespoons honey
¾ cup coarsely chopped Pecan Nuts
¼ cup slivered almonds
2 tablespoons pinenuts
1/3 cup Australian sultanas
1. Using a knife, cut butter into flour until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
2. Mix in yolk to form a dough. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
3. Press dough into a 20cm flan dish, trim edges and freeze for about 30 minutes or until pastry is firm.
4. Bake in a moderately hot oven for 20 minutes until golden. Cool 10 minutes.
1. Combine cream, sugars and honey in a pan. Stir over a low heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil and cook until mixture bubbles and thickens.
2. Cool slightly and stir in remaining ingredients.
3. Spread filling evenly into pastry shell. Bake in a moderate oven for 25 minutes until mixture bubbles thickly and is deep golden colour.
4. Cool completely before slicing.